With the advancement of the latest technologies, you no longer have to type in your commands on your smartphone. Now, your smartphone can understand your voice command and respond accordingly. Google assistant is the virtual assistant software developed by Google which can help you control your smartphone using the voice command. To activate the Google assistant, you just have to say “Ok Google”. However, many a time, users complain that the feature of Ok Google not working for them.
There isn’t any android device which is completely immune to this kind of problem. It is not at all rare to see user grumbling that ok google not working in Pixel, Samsung phones etc. In this article, we will provide you the simplest methods to get rid of the “Ok Google command isn’t working” problem with ease.
What are the most common problems with OK Google?
Undoubtedly, the “Ok Google” command has made the experience of using our smartphone much more convenient. However, there are many problems that a user might face while using this command. Although it is not possible to discuss all the possible problems, you can check some common issues with “Ok Google” command as given below:
Ok google not working pixel 2
Not able to train Ok Google
Ok google not working s9
Unable to activate Ok Google
Ok Google Not responding
Unable to use Ok Google
Ok Google Not recognizing my voice
Ok Google not listening
Unable to turn on Ok Google
Ok Google unable to open microphone
OK Google isn’t unlocking phone
Google not working on my phone
Such problems can occur in any kind of phones, you can see easily find users complaining about the problems like ok google not working pixel 3, ok google not working s7, ok google not working note 8 etc. There isn’t any fixed reason that we can point out responsible for this kind of problems. However, we have listed some common issues responsible for similar problems as given below:
- An issue with your microphone: It is obvious that you won’t be able to use your voice command if the mic of your phone isn’t working properly.
- Outdated App: In case the Google assistance app you are using is outdated then you may face a lot of problems in using this feature.
- The device is running out of space: Many functions in your phone may stop working if your device is running out of storage space.
- You might have selected the wrong language: In case the default language in your Google Assistant app is different from the language you are using to give voice commands then you may face problems.
- Accumulation of Cache and Cookies in the app: The accumulation of too many caches and cookies in Google assistance app is also responsible for the improper working of many problems in Ok Google.
How to fix “OK Google” not working problem
Here are the solutions by which you can fix these issues with ease. These solutions are progressive in nature, so you should move on the subsequent solution only if the previous solution fails to resolve the issue.
Solution 1: Retrain Voice Model
You should make sure that Google Assistance recognizes your voice. If it isn’t then you need to train your device once again to recognize your “Ok Google” command.
- First of all, you need to launch Google App on your device
- Open the menu by tapping on the icon available at the top left corner.
- Choose “Settings” from the menu that will open.
- Select “Google Assistant”.
- Next, you need to open the “Assistant” tab.
- Scroll down and then tap on the “Phone” button available under the “Assistant devices”.
- Tap on the “Voice model” followed by “Retrain Voice Model”.
- Now, train your voice model by saying “Hay Google”.
- Finally, restart your device to save changes.
Solution 2: Clear Google App Cache
If the problem continues after the first solution then you need to clear the Google App cache by following the steps given below:
- Open settings in your phone and choose “Apps” or “Application Manager”.
- Select “Google App” on the next screen.
- Tap “storage” followed by “Clear Cache” on the next screen.
- Finally, restart your device.
Solution 3: Force Stop Google App
In case the issue continues then you may force stop the Google app by following the steps given below:
- Open your device settings and select “Apps” or “Application Manager”.
- Tap on the “Google App” button followed by “Force Stop”.
After that, you may try to use “OK Google” button again and see if this resolves the problem you are facing.
Solution 4: Uninstall the Google App updates
In case all the steps mentioned above fail to resolve the problem then you should reset Google App to factory settings by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open Google Play store and search “Google App”.
- Select “Google App” from the search result.
- Tap on the “Uninstall” button. This will reset your app to the factory version.
- Now, you need to restart your device and install Google App again.
- Retrain the app so that it can recognize your voice command.
We hope the solution mentioned above will help you get rid of the problem. However, if “Ok Google” still not working for you then you should contact Google app Customer service for further instructions.