Norton is an antivirus program designed to protect your device (computer, laptop, mobile phones, etc) from dreadful virus attack. The software is available in the form of subscription, annual and monthly and allows automatic renewal of the same year after year.
In case you decide to unsubscribe Norton subscription, you have to do it by cancelling the automatic renewal. Disabling the automatic renewal also ensures that your credit card does not get charged automatically on the renewal date.
To cancel your Norton auto renewal service, you have to log into your Norton Account and under Manage My Subscriptions, you will find the option for cancellation. Keep reading to know details about cancelling Norton subscriptions.
Terms & Conditions to cancel subscription of Norton
Automatic renewal feature of Norton is designed to completely protect your device from virus attack in case the subscription expires and user is unable to renew it on time.
To avoid any lapse in the service, Norton offers subscription renewal service and the user is billed automatically on the given day of month or year (depending on the type of subscription) on which the subscription was bought.
It is however possible to cancel Norton subscription contract and request a refund, given the terms and conditions of cancellation and refund are met.
Once you cancel the Norton subscription, you need to uninstall and delete all copies of the software from your device too. Below given is the Norton cancellation policy for annual and monthly subscriptions.
Exception to Terms & Conditions
You will not get any refund for the following purchases.
- Not For Resale (NFR) and complimentary software
- In case a 3rd party software sells Norton’s subscription along with a computer.
- Repeat purchases that were previously refunded.
- If Norton services are already redeemed.
- In case your purchase is completed, fulfilled, or renewed by a third party.
- The purchase of Norton’s annual subscription is eligible for a full refund under the 60-day Money Back Guarantee policy of the company. So, a subscription cancellation and refund is possible if requested within 60-days of the date of purchase.
- Within 60-days of being charged, each annual renewal is also eligible for a full refund.
- The purchase of Norton monthly subscription is eligible for a full refund under the 14-day Money Back Guarantee policy of the company.So, a subscription cancellation and refund is possible if requested within 14-days of the date of purchase.
- However, monthly renewals are not eligible for a refund.
How to cancel automatic renewal of Norton subscription?
When you make a purchase from Norton, you are subscribed to their automatically renewing subscription. Whether you purchase the product from Norton online store (or) you activate a subscription purchased from a retail store or Norton-affiliated third-party website, automatic renewal will be applicable for all.
Norton also sends an email around 50 to 65 days prior to the renewal and then on the particular day of month or year, your card is automatically billed.
But if you want to cancel the subscription you can do so before the automatic deduction. However, refund is only eligible as per the terms and conditions stated above. Steps for both are discussed below.
Cancel subscription renewal
- Sign in to your Norton antivirus account.
- Go to the My Subscriptions tab and select Manage My Subscriptions.
- Click Cancel Subscription Renewal and confirm your cancellation.
- Upon confirmation of cancellation, you will be asked to provide a reason for cancellation from the drop down menu.
- Enter the reason and click on Cancel Renewal. A page confirming your subscription cancellation will appear on the screen.
Note: For Norton users in Japan, Korea, China, Hong Kong and Taiwan, if your order number starts with SY (rather than AP or NP), you need to provide order number and email address/ phone number used when ordering the subscription.
Request a refund
- To make a refund request, click on the Support tab. The support page of Norton will appear on screen.
- Click on the chat icon on the bottom of the page to connect with a support agent.
- Ask the agent to initiate the request of your refund in the chat.
- You will need to provide your account details for the further processing of your request.
- Even after the subscription renewal is cancelled, the subscription will continue through the end of the term as the payment for the cycle is made already.
- Any benefits associated with automatically renewing subscriptions will end right after you stop automatically renewal of the subscription.
- The add-on subscriptions linked to the main subscription will also be annulled upon cancellation of the main subscription but not vice versa.
How to cancel Norton Subscription on iPhone?
For the Norton subscription purchased from the official website, cancellation is possible with the simple steps given above. However, if you purchase a Norton subscription from the Apple App Store, the steps for cancellation are certainly different and are explained below.
Cancelling Norton subscription:
- Open your device and go to the Settings app.
- Tap on your Apple ID and a menu bar will appear.
- From the menu select Subscriptions. A list of all the active subscriptions purchased from the Apple Store will appear.
- Click on Norton and then select Cancel Subscription.
- When prompted, confirm the cancellation.
Refund against cancellation
To request a refund for apps that you bought from Apple, you need to visit reportaproblem.apple.com and sign in with your Apple ID. After that, follow these steps to get the refund against cancellation.
- Open your browser, go to reportaproblem.apple.com and log in with your Apple ID.
- Click on the drop down arrow and from the menu select request a refund.
- Select Norton from the list of applications that appear.
- In the ‘Tell us more’ section enter that you would like to claim 60-day money-back guarantee of Norton.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete your refund request.
Contact Nortan For Subscription Cancellation
You can also request cancellation of your subscription by contacting Nortan directly. You may easily get into touch with Norton through their official support page support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/help-center.
You may also consider posting your query at norton community at community.norton.com.
Norton Subscription Cancellation FAQs
Is it possible to cancel Norton subscription?
Yes, but it should be done before the day your subscription renews.
Can I request a refund for the cancelled subscription?
Yes a refund is possible for cancelled subscription but only if made with the days prescribed under the money-back guarantee.
What is the source of automatic Norton subscription renewal?
The renewal of subscription is billed on the payment method used while purchasing the subscription.