Quite often, users are seen facing trouble while working with Google. Common problems include Google not responding, crashing of Google, Google search bar not working, etc. Talking about the ‘Google search bar not working’, this problem can be most infuriating of all as it won’t allow you to search things even when Google is working ok. But the main question is how to fix this ‘Google search bar not working’ issue. There are certain basic troubleshooting steps that the users can follow to resolve this problem. If you are also looking for the solution to the ‘Google search bar not working’, then kindly proceed with this article for complete details.
How to fix Google search bar not working?
There are few things that the users can try in order to fix the ‘Google search bar not working’ problem. Let us go through the details of the different troubleshooting methods for ‘Google search bar not working’.
Restart your application
The first thing you can try to fix this issue is restart your Google app. Although it may not seem a very effective step, but sometimes, simply restarting the application can help resolve the ‘Google search bar not working’ issue.
Reboot your device
When Google search bar suddenly stops working, you can try restarting your device. Just turn off your device for around 10-15 seconds and then restart it. Now, open Google to see if your problem is resolved.
Make sure that Google App is enabled
Make sure that Google application is enabled in your device or else it will not allow you to search anything. To see if Google app is not disabled, do the following:
- Go to Settings of your device and open Application Manager.
- Now click on the ‘All’ tab.
- Scroll down the list of application to find the Google App.
- Now, see if the Google App is enabled on your device.
- If not, click on the ‘Enable’ button to enable the application.
One more thing that you can try to fix the ‘Google search bar not working’ is clear the Google app cookies and caches from you phone. The steps for the same are given below:
- Open your device settings and go to ‘Apps’.
- Now select the ‘All’ tab and scroll down and select the Google App.
- Select ‘Clear cache’ to remove the cached data.
- Next, select ‘Manage Space’ > ‘Clear all data’.
Update your Google application
Make sure that you are not using the older version of Google app in your device as it can also create the ‘Google search bar not working’ issue. You can update your Google app to the latest version by following the given steps:
- In your phone open Google Play Store and search Google.
- Click on the ‘Update’ button.
- Updates will be installed automatically.
- Once the updates are installed, click on ‘Open’ to open Google app.
- Check if the search bar started working now.
Reinstall the Google application
If nothing else works, you might need to reinstall the Google app in your phone. For this, simply uninstall Google from your device and then install it from Google Play store.