Adding Cox business email on android mobile is much simpler than performing the configuration on a computer. Cox business email users who want to link their email in the android phone can do the same with the help of certain settings. While Cox business email account can be accessed from a computer, most of the users prefer to run it in their android phone for better convenience.
To link Cox business account with the android phone, you are required to tweak some changes in the IMAP settings. IMAP is preferred over POP because it provides better synchronization and flexibility. Now you need not turn-on computer every time to check your important emails. With the step by step procedure given in the post, you can set up Cox business email account on your android phone very easily. All you need to do is change the incoming and outgoing email server settings and you’ll be good to go.
Cox business email settings for Android
The Cox business settings for Android mobile are mentioned in the table given below. You need to make sure that the incoming and outgoing email server fields are set to the values as provided below.
|SSL incoming status||enabled|
Important instructions for Cox Business email settings on android
Before we begin the configuration, it is necessary for you to take a thorough look at the instruction given below-
- The settings might differ slightly in some android devices. But the process will more or less remain the same. You should proceed for Cox business email settings keeping in mind the brand and model of phone you own.
- You must have the access to Cox business email account i.e. must possess a username and password for installing Cox account in android mobile.
- Make sure that your android phone is well connected to the internet. Check if the wifi or mobile network is turned on or not. Stable internet connectivity is an essential aspect of Cox business setup on Android.
- Take a backup of important data stored in your Cox business account. Though the configuration will not change the date, for a safer side you should keep the backup.
- Once done with the configuration, you must restart the phone in order to let the changes get reflected. You can access your emails once the phone is restarted.
Automatic configuration of Cox business settings
The auto-configuration steps to set up an Android device for Cox business email with the help of POP email server settings are mentioned below-
- Tap the “application” tab present on the home screen of your phone.
- Now tap on the “Email” icon and provide your Cox business email address and password.
- Then tap on the “Next” button.
- Enter the account name followed by your name and select the “Done” button.
- Automatic configuration of Cox business email is done on your phone. Restart your device before checking your emails on Cox business account.
Procedure to setup Cox business account on Android mobile
The step by step procedure of Cox business setup for android can be checked from here-
- Initiate the process by selecting the “mail” app on your android phone and choose the settings to connect Cox business email with android device.
- Select the “add a new email account” option by tapping it and then choose the “IMAP” option.
- You need to provide your full Cox Business email address and password. Then select “Manual Setup”.
Enter the given information in the incoming server settings-
- Username: Provide your username that you use to access your Cox business email.
- Password: Enter your password
- Incoming server:coxmail.net
- Incoming port: Set the incoming server port number to 993
- Security type: Enable the ssl security by tapping the “SSL” option.
- Choose the ‘next’ and follow the course for outgoing server settings.
Enter the following information in the outgoing server settings-
- Outgoing server:coxmail.net
- Outgoing port: 465
- Security type: select the “ssl” button
- Authorization required: You need authorization to access Cox business account. Mark this field as “yes”.
- Username: Enter your username or full email address
- Password: Enter your password
- Select the ‘next’ button.
- You have now successfully configured Cox business email on your phone. Before checking the emails, it is recommended that you restart the android phone so that the settings can be reflected in your mobile device.