We all use Google Maps to reach our desired destination. But, do you know you can also use Maps to let everyone know about your business? Yes, it is free and simple. Google allows you to add your business information to Google Maps, Search, and other Google services. All business gurus advise you to add your business to Google Maps because this can help your potential customers reach you with ease.
With the availability of features like managing the business information, you can also use Google Maps as a tool to showcase your best products. This post is for those users who don’t know how to add a business listing to Google Maps. Go through this article to know the simple step-by-step method to add your Business on Google Maps.
How to add your business through Google My Business?
The best way to make your Business show on Google Maps is to add it through your Google My Business account. Steps to do the same are given below.
- On your computer, you should sign to Google My Business using the following link – http://business.google.com/?skipLandingPage=true&gmbsrc=ww-ww-et-gs-z-gmb-v-z-h~bhc-core-u|mybb
- If you don’t have a Google Account then you will have to create one and click “Next”.
- On the next page, you need to enter your business or business chain’s address. Then, click on the “Next” button.
- For a more precise location, you will have to position a marker on the location of your business or chain’s branch on a map.
- Next, you will have to choose how your business will display on Google Maps.
- In the next step, you need to search for and select a business category. Then, click “Next”.
- After that, you will have to enter a phone number or website URL and click “Finish”.
- In the next step, you need to choose a verification option. It’s recommended that you review your information before you request verification.
- If you are not authorized to manage the business profile for the chain then find the person in your organization to continue the process.
Add your business through Google My Business on Android/ iPhone
You can add your business profile on Google through your Android/ iPhone as well.
- First of all, you need to open your Google My Business app on your Android and iPhone.
- Next, sign in to your Google account from which you want to manage your listing.
- Tap “Add” if you are listing your first business on Google. Else, tap “More” and choose the name of your business to reveal a list of all locations in your account.
- Next, Scroll down and choose “Add+” to add a location.
- Enter the name of your business and information and agree to the Terms of Service.
- Finally, tap on the “Continue” button.
Add Your Business Through Google Maps App
You can also use Google Maps App to add your business on your Android Phones.
- Firstly, you need to run the “Google Maps” app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Enter the name of your business in the search box and choose the correct one.
- Next, you should scroll down and tap Claim this business.
- After that, all you have to do is follow the on-screen prompt that will display on your screen.
How can I claim my business through Google Maps App?
If the information of your business is already present on Google Maps then you can claim the same using Google Maps app.
- To begin the process, you will have to open the “Google Maps” app on your android phone or tablet.
- Then, in the search bar, you should enter the name of your business and choose the correct one.
- Tap “Claim this business” in the business profile and select “I own or manage this business”. To choose a different business, you may tap “I own or manage another business”.
- Next, choose the verification option and keep following the on-screen prompts. These prompts will take you through the verification process.
What are the steps to add or claim my Business through Google Pay for Business?
Some business owners or managers can create or claim a Business Profile through the Google Pay for Business app as well. To do the same, you can follow the steps listed below.
- Firstly, you should open and run the Google Pay for Business App on your Android Phone or tablet.
- Next, you must sign up for Google Pay for Business.
- Now, from the prompt to add your business to Google Search and Maps, tap “Get a free Business Profile with Google My Business”.
We hope that you will be able to list your business on Google Maps with ease after following the methods discuss in this post. In case of any doubt, you may seek help through Google list my business customer care. If you have any suggestions or feedback for our post then do let us know through the comment section.