Cable News Network or CNN is a multinational news-based pay television channel. It is a unit of WarnerMedia News & Sports division of AT&T’s WarnerMedia. Upon its launch back in 1980, CNN was the first all-news channel in the United States to provide 24-hours news broadcast.
According to a survey in September 2018, there are around 90.1 million television households subscribers of CNN. That is roughly 97.7% of the total households in the United States. So, we can say that CNN is extremely popular. It already has a presence on cable, and Satellite TVs. Now, you can activate CNN on your Roku device as well.
Thankfully, CNN has an application that you can download from the Channel store to play CNN on a Roku Streaming device. After installing the application, it is crucial for you to activate the same through the cnn.it/roku page. Go through this post to know the easy step by step process to install and active CNN via cnn.it/roku webpage.
How to Active CNN on the cnn.it/roku page?
As mentioned earlier in this post, CNN is amazingly famous. One of the reasons behind this is that the channel already has its presence on IPTVs including AT&T U-verse, DirecTV, Bell Satellite TV, Verizon FiOS, Orby TV, Google Fiber, DirecTV Caribbean, etc. With its inclusion on Roku, CNN will reach even more viewers.
The whole process of CNN activation of Roku is divided into the following two phases.
- Getting the activation code
- Using the activation code on the CNN website
Let’s discuss both these phases in detail.
Getting the Activate Code
- To start the process, you should turn on the Roku device and connect the same with your Wifi network.
- After connecting your Roku device to the wireless internet network, you need to navigate to the home screen on your Roku device. Navigating to the home screen is easy. Just press the home icon that is present on your Roku remote control.
- Scroll down and select the “Streaming Channel” option after opening the home screen of your Roku device.
- Then, on the next screen, you need to find and open the “Channel Store” option. This will open the “Roku Channel Store” screen.
- Now, go to the search box and use the virtual keypad to type in “CNN”. Then, wait for the search icon.
- Wait for a while till the search result display on your screen.
- Navigate and choose the CNN channel option from the search result that will appear on the screen.
- On the next screen, you should press the “Details” option. This will open the app preview on your screen.
- Once the app preview display on your screen, you should press the option of “Add Channel”. Selecting this button will begin the download and installation process of the CNN app on your Roku Streaming Device.
- Now, you just need to wait because the download and installation process will take automatically.
- Go to the home screen by pressing the home button on your Roku device. Now, you will see the CNN app on the home screen.
- Open the CNN app that is available at the home screen and enter the login credentials in the respective fields and get the activation code.
Point to remember – It is not necessary that you will get the option to enter your login credentials every time. If this option doesn’t appear then your activation code will display on your screen directly without having you sign in.
Using the activation code on cnn.it/roku page
- After getting the activation code, you should open a web browser on another device like your phone, computer, laptop, tablet, etc.
- Go to the official Roku activation page of CNN i.e. cnn.it/roku.
- Once you visit this page, you will find the option to choose one of the streaming devices available (Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Samsung, Android TV).
- Now, you need to select Roku from the list of available devices because you want to active CNN on Roku. This will take you to the next screen.
- You need to enter the activation code carefully on the next screen. Remember, you need to enter the same code that will appear on your Roku-connected TV screen.
- Press the “Continue to verify” button once you are done entering the activation code.
- Now, keep following the on-screen prompts and you will be guided to the CNN activation on Roku.
Things to Remember during CNN activation on a Roku Streaming Device
We can easily activate the CNN channel on Roku using the process we have mentioned above. However, there are a few things as given below that you should take care of.
- When you run a web browser on your device to enter the activation code, you should ensure that your Roku device is activated and on the activation code screen.
- Always remember that the verification of your TV service provider is managed by TV service providers only. CNN will never access or use your username, password, email address, etc.
So, this is the process by which you can activate the CNN channel on your Roku device. In case you are still finding CNN channel activation on Roku difficult then you may contact Roku support for more advanced solutions.
CNNgo App on Roku
To watch CNN on Roku, you will have to download and install CNN. Here is some information that you may like about the CNNgo app for Roku.
- It is a freshly designed app that provides an unmatched video experience to watch instant news.
- It also provides you access to CNN’s full library of numerous on-demand at your tips through Roku remote.
- The top features of the app include.
- Watch live TV channels – CNN, CNNi, or HLN whenever your want
- Exclusive access to CNN lives during special events or at the time of select breaking news events.
- You can watch CNN’s original web series including “Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown”.
- You are also allowed to watch CNN’s original digital shows.
- The app also allows you to preview any Live TV channel or On-Demand Show for 10 minutes each day. You may log in with your satellite or cable provider for unlimited viewing.