With more than ten million subscribers in the United States, Cricket wireless is one of the top wireless service providers in America. The service was started in the year 1999 by leap wireless International. Later it was acquired by AT&T in the year 2014. Presently, the company has more than 5000 outlets selling mobile phone and wireless services.
Once you are done purchasing a cell phone service from Cricket wireless, you need to activate the same through the cricketwireless.com/activate page. If you are also wondering how to activate cricket wireless cell phone service on the cricketwireless.com/activate web page then this post can help you. Here, we will let you know the step-by-step process to do so.
What are the steps to activate Cricket Wireless Cell Phone Service on the Cricketwireless.com/activate page?
It is very easy to activate the cricket wireless phone service if you know the right steps to do so. The complete process is explained below.
- To start the process, you need to visit the official website for Cricket Wireless service activation i.e. https://www.cricketwireless.com/activate.html.
- After opening the Cricket Wireless service activation page, you need to choose the “Service purchase” option. This option will display right at the center of the screen.
Note – You can choose the “Service needed” option if you are yet to buy a service from Cricket Wireless. If you select this option then you either need to select I need a device and a plan or I have a device option. Then, keep following the on-screen prompts to complete the rest of the process.
- Those who have already purchased a Cricket wireless service need to choose the “Get Started” option available under “Service Purchased”. This will direct you to a new screen.
- Choose the type of device you have from the available options (iOS or Android or Both) on the next screen.
- After choosing the type of device you have, the system will prompt you to enter the SIM card into your device. So, you should securely insert the SIM card into the dedicated slot.
Note: There are many phones available in the market with pre-installed SIM Cards. You need to install the SIM card only if you got a SIM card kit with your Cricket device or if you are using a phone you already own.
- Press the “I’m ready” button once you are done inserting the SIM card into your device.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to select any of the following two options.
- Cricket Wireless
- Another Retailer
- Choose the appropriate option depending on the retailer from where you have purchased the device or SIM
Now, further steps depend on whether you have Cricket Wireless or Another Retailer in the last step. Let’s discuss both scenarios.
If you Select Cricket Wireless
- The following message will display on your screen in case you choose “Cricket Wireless” “You recently purchased your device or SIM card directly from Cricket (in-store or online). What you should know: If you purchased your device in-store, you must activate it in the store. If you purchased your device by calling Cricket Customer Care, you must also call to activate. Contact Us”
- So, you should get the activation done by visiting the store or by contact Cricket wireless customer service.
If you select Another Retailer
- You will get the following to message appear on your screen in case you choose the “Another Retailer” option. “You recently purchased your device or SIM from another retailer outside of a Cricket store or the Cricket website such as Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.”
- In this case, you should press the “Continue” button and keep following the on-screen prompts that will display on your screen. The prompt will guide you through the activation process of Cricket Wireless Phone or Sim Card.
- You can easily use your Cricket Wireless Phone or Sim Card after finishing up the activation process.
That’s all you need to activate the cricket Wireless service on the Cricketwireless.com/activate page. Hope you can enjoy the hassle-free wireless service from Cricket.
Cricket Wireless not working after activation
It is not rare to see users reporting about a few issues like cricket wireless not registered on network, not receiving calls, not connecting to the internet, etc. even after activation. In such a situation, you can follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the problem.
- Firstly, you should remove and place your battery/ sim card in your phone and turn your device back on.
- Make sure you are in the network area by checking the signal indicator on your device.
- Try using other services like calling, emailing, texting, etc. to see if they are working.
- Confirm that you have paid for your current month’s plan.
- Close your wifi or mobile data temporarily and turn it back on.
- Ensure that you are using the latest version of the software for your device.
- Go to your phone manufacturer’s website and check if there is a problem with your device.
- If the problem continues for a prolonged time even after trying the above steps then you may call Cricket Support for further solutions.