Setup AIM Email on Iphone
With technological advancement, you no longer need to rely on your computer/ laptop in order to check your emails. As long as you have a smartphone along with a wifi or mobile data connection you check your emails with ease. Checking your emails on a smartphone is very easy. However, if you are an iPhone user then setting up AIM email account on iPhone can be a bit confusing. The main reason behind the confusion is that every iPhone has a pre-defined button to add AOL mail but there is no such button for an AIM mail account. Well, you should not get confused because it is very easy to set up AIM email on iPhone.
This tutorial is for those users who are wondering how to configure AIM email on an iPhone. Here, we will take you through the IMAP settings to add AIM email to iPhone along with the complete step by step procedure to do it.
Setting up AIM Mail on iPhone – General Overview
Here is the basic overview of AIM Mail configuration for iPhone that you should know before getting started with the process.
- Apart from adding AIM email to iPhone via POP/ IMAP, you can also check AIM mail on iPhone using the safari browser as well.
- The user experience of accessing AIM mail through safari browser is not that good. That’s why is recommended to set up AIM mail on iPhone for the finest user experience.
- You can either use POP or IMAP settings in order to configure AIM email account on iPhone.
- IMAP/ POP settings are applicable if you are looking to set up AIM mail not only on iPhone but also on iPad or iPod touch.
- Once you are done with adding the AIM account, you can check the email via “Mail” app of the iPhone.
Pre-Requisite to add AIM email on iPhone “Mail” app
In order to link AIM Mail to iPhone, you should have access to the following things.
- Make sure your iPhone has a proper and uninterrupted internet connection.
- You should know your complete AIM Mail email address and username.
- In addition to the email address and username, you should also remember the password of your AIM email account. So, you should recover AIM mail password first and then move on to the configuration process.
- It is also recommended to take a backup of the email previously saved on the “Mail” app of your iPhone.
AIM Mail Email IMAP settings for iPhone
The overview of IMAP settings for AIM Mail is illustrated in the table given below. If you know how to set up an email account on iPhone using IMAP then you can use these settings to add AIM mail account.
|Incoming Mail server hostname||imap.aim.com|
|Incoming mail port||143|
|SSL (Incoming Server Security)||None|
|Outgoing Mail server hostname||smtp.aim.com|
|Outgoing mail port||25|
|Requires Sign-in/ Authentication||Yes|
Note: You should be very careful while entering these settings because even a small mistake in entering any letter or number can result in a lot of problems.
How to set up my AIM Mail email on iPhone?
If you don’t know how to connect AIM Mail email with iPhone using IMAP then you should follow the steps given below very carefully.
- To start the proceeds, you need to go to the home screen of your iPhone and select settings (gear icon).
- After that, you should select the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” option from the settings menu.
- Then, choose the “Add Account” option under the “Accounts” section.
- Now, a list of some popular email services such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook etc. will appear on your iPhone screen. Because AIM Mail is not on the list, you should scroll down and tap “Other”.
- Next, you should provide the following information regarding your AIM mail account.
- Name: Enter your real Name or the name you want to have appeared in the “from” field of the emails you will send.
- Email Address: Provide your complete AIM mail email address.
- Password: Enter the password of your AIM mail email account.
- Description: Just type “AIM Mail” or give a short description as per your choice.
- After entering the account information, you should tap on the “Save” button that is available on the top of the screen.
Note: The iPhone mail should set up your AIM Mail email account automatically after entering account information. However, if it doesn’t happen then you should move on the steps given below:
- Make sure that “IMAP” is highlighted from the top of the screen.
- Enter the information given below under the “Incoming Mail Server”.
- Incoming server hostname: imap.aim.com
- Username: Enter AIM mail username (the username name is the first part of the email address that comes before “@aim.com”)
- Password: Enter your AIM mail password.
- Similarly, you need to enter the following information under the “Outgoing Mail Server”.
- Outgoing server hostname: smtp.aim.com
- Username: Provide AIM mail username
- Password: Provide the password of your AIM Mail email account.
- Once you are done with entering AIM Mail incoming and outgoing server information you need to tap “Save”.
- On the next screen, you should tap on the AIM account you have just added to the iPhone.
- Select the “SMTP” option that should be available under “Outgoing Mail Server”.
- Choose the “smtp.aim.com” option that is available under the “Main/ Primary Server” and verify that the following information is appearing.
- SSL: none
- Server port: 25
- Tap on “Done” button and choose “Advanced” from the previous screen. Here, you should confirm that the following information is correct.
- SSL: none
- Server port: 143
- Finally, to save the settings you have entered, you should restart your iPhone.
Some of the steps we have mentioned above can vary as per the model of iPhone you are using. For instance – the steps to configure AIM Mail on iPhone 6 can vary from the steps to add AIM Mail on iPhone X.
Note: In case AIM Mail not working on iPhone even after entering the correct settings then you should contact AIM Mail support and seek further assistance.