In today’s digital generation, having an email account is one of the most basic requirements for your online presence. AOL is an amazing email service that has all the features and functions that we hope for. You can send and receive emails using an AOL email account quite easily. Despite all its benefits, AOL is still not flawless. If we talk about the top ten problems with AOL mail, email attachment issues will surely rank at the top. AOL mail attachment problems are really common and faced by a large number of users every now and then.
It is very important for you to fix AOL mail attachment issues as early as possible because it can hamper your workflow. In this post, we are going to discuss easy and practical solutions to fix AOL mail attachment problems in a convenient manner.
Common AOL Mail attachment issues
No matter how good the other features and functions are, the main purpose of having an email account is still the same i.e. sending and receiving email. Being able to send and receive emails with attachments can help you a lot. It gives you the freedom to send and receive useful information through file attachments. But, there are some problems that can stop you from sending and receiving AOL mail attachments and ruin the overall experience of this email service. Some of the most common AOL email attachment issues are as follows.
- AOL attachment not downloading
- AOL attachment not working
- Unable to send AOL email with an attachment
- Can’t receive AOL email with the attachment
- AOL attachment will not open
- AOL unable to send attachments
- Not able to download attachment
- AOL unable to open an attachment
- Can’t open PDF attachment in AOL mail
- Why can’t I see my attachments in AOL mail?
If you cannot open/ download attachments in AOL mail or facing a similar problem then you need to understand the cause of the problem in order to fix it.
Why users have to face AOL Mail attachment problems
You should note that problems with email attachments are not associated with AOL mail only. In fact, this kind of problem is quite common in all email services including Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc. There are multiple possible reasons due to which users have to deal with such an issue. Some of them are more common than others. Given below is the list of some of the most common reasons.
- Your file exceeding the size limit – Just like in other email services, there is a limit on the size of an attachment that you can send through AOL mail. The maximum size of the file that you can send through AOL is 25 MB. In case you try to attach a larger file then you have to face problems. So, when you look to send an attachment through AOL, you must check its size carefully.
- Issues with the browser – It is important for you to use a compatible and updated browser in order to use all the features of AOL mail carefully. Those who are using incompatible or obsolete versions of a web browser might have to deal with issues.
- Internet connectivity – Well, this one is obvious. Your device should have an internet connection in order to send or receive attachments through email.
- Your file name includes any special character – While sending email attachments through AOL, you must note that it should not include a special character like #, @, $, etc.
Solutions to fix can’t open or send Attachments in AOL Mail
You should there are different troubleshooting steps that you need to follow in case you can’t attach a file to your email or open the attachment as given below.
Troubleshooting steps to fix AOL Mail not opening Attachment problems
- In case you are unable to open the attached file then you should disable the installed third-party security or antivirus applications on your device.
- Check and confirm that you are using the correct IMAP settings. Correct IMAP settings are required to fetch the attachment from servers.
- If the pop-up blocker is active on your browser then it can also block attachments from loading.
- You should also disable the email scan program if it is running on your device.
- Another way to fix such a problem is resetting the browser’s settings. Those who are using the AOL Gold program should hard refresh the software.
- You must also check the AOL spam Make sure these settings are not stop attachments from loading.
- In case, none of the steps are working, then you should clear all history, cookies, and cache on your device. At the same time, you should clear the storage space if it is running out.
Steps to fix unable to attach a file on AOL Email
- Check and ensure that the size of the file you are trying to attach is less than 25 MB in size.
- The name of the file must not contain any special character.
- If you are unable to attach the file through the AOL email then you should try to do the same on a different browser. Those who are using AOL Gold must scan the gold desktop program first.
- You also opt for diagnosing and repairing Windows file and folder programs to fix such a problem automatically.
- You can also try to fix the problem the following the steps listed below.
- First, you need to click the start menu.
- Then, right-click on the “AOL Gold” tab.
- Next, you need to tap on the “Turn off live Tiles” option.
- After, connect the file again to AOL.
- In case, none of the steps work then it is better to attach the file to the original version of AOL.
Also Fix: AOL Email Not Sending/ Receiving Issues
What to do if I am not able to send an email on AOL?
Those who are not able to send an email via AOL irrespective of their attachments may check the following troubleshooting measures.
- Restart your computer – First of all, you need to try sending emails again by restarting your computer. This will clear out the internal memory of your system (RAM).
- Try sending an email using a different browser – It is possible that there might be a problem with your browser. So, you may run another browser and try to send emails again.
- Check your display name – Please note that if you have a combination of the word “AOL” in your username then your email will not go through. So, you should check the same before sending an email.
- Clear your browser’s cache – Clear the cache of the browser you are using and try to send the email again.
- Disable pop-up blocking software – The pop-up blocker can also stop emails from going through. So, you should disable pop-up blockers in case you are not able to send emails.
- Disable firewall or Antivirus temporarily – If none of the steps mentioned above works for you then you may disable your antivirus and firewall and then try to send the email once again.