Being unable to receive or send emails can hamper your productivity and can make you lose some important opportunities. Although AOL mail is a secure and fairly reliable email service still some issues and problems are inevitable. More often than not, AOL users have to face different kinds of problems while receiving and sending emails. The primary function of an email account is to send and receive email. If your AOL email account is not doing its primary function then you should fix it immediately.
There are various reasons behind the AOL email not sending and receiving emails 2021 problem. This can happen due to your slow internet, AOL inbuilt spam filter, your web browsers etc. Regardless of the reason, you should fix this problem as early as possible so that you don’t miss an important email. This post is intended to help those users who are unable to send or receive AOL emails. Here, we will discuss the possible causes of your problems and how you can get rid of these problems with ease.
Why I can’t send or receive email on AOL?
An email account involves a lot of technicalities, that’s why it is very difficult to point out a single reason that is stopping you from sending or receiving emails on AOL. The problem can be with your AOL account or the web browser you are using. Nonetheless, you can check the most common issues that can cause problems in receiving and sending emails as given below:
Reasons why you are not receiving AOL emails
- The browser in which you are using AOL is not compatible.
- The filters in your AOL email account stopping emails from landing in your inbox. This is the most probable issue if AOL not receiving some emails fulfilling certain criteria.
- You might have blocked the particular sender by mistake. In case AOL is not receiving emails from one person individually then it is quite possible that you have blocked him/her.
- The browser on which you are loading AOL email might have an accumulation of way too many caches and cookies.
- The add-on and extensions installed in your browser are stopping you from receiving AOL emails.
- To keep your computer safe, your antivirus program and window firewall software can also stop your AOL email account from loading new emails.
- Improper configuration can also be a reason why you are not being able to receive the AOL emails. Here, by improper configuration we mean incorrect IMAP/ POP settings while using AOL on third-party email clients like Thunderbird, Outlook etc.
- If AOL not sending/ receiving email on Android then it is possible that you are using an outdated AOL mail application for Mobile.
- Your sender is not typing your AOL email address correctly while sending you an email.
- The email you are looking to receive have a file that is not supported in AOL
Possible causes why you are facing problems in sending AOL email
Let’s have a quick look at some common factors that can stop an AOL email account from sending emails.
- You are not typing the email addresses of your recipients correctly.
- Your computer/ mobile phone doesn’t have an internet connection.
- There is a problem with your AOL mobile app or your web-browser (if using AOL webmail).
- You are trying to send an attachment that is too large in size.
- A problem with SMTP settings if you are unable to send AOL emails on 3rd party apps like Outlook, Thunderbird etc.
- AOL account is blocked due to sending a large number of spam emails or other suspicious activities.
- Antivirus software or windows firewall stopping outgoing email from your AOL mail account.
- You are blocked by your recipients.
- There is a problem with your AOL display name.
You can face problems in sending and receiving AOL emails 2021 due to any of these issues or a combination of these issues. Now, let’s move on the methods by which you can get rid of these problems.
Resolve AOL not receiving email problem
Here are the steps by which you can fix the issues that are stopping AOL email account from loading new emails.
- Internet Connection: Firstly, you should ensure that your PC or mobile device is connected to a proper internet connection.
- Check your other folders within AOL: Sometimes, new emails can land in wrong folders within your AOL account. So, you should look for the email in other folders as well such as trash, Spam etc.
- Make sure account is not deactivated for inactivity: If you are not using your AOL account for a while then your account may get deactivated. You should make sure that your account is not deactivated due to inactivity.
- Delivery delay: In some rare cases, the AOL email can get delayed in transit. In such cases, you should request the sender to send the email one more time.
- Clear your browser’s cache: If you are using AOL webmail version then you should clear the cache memory of your browser.
- Switch to AOL android app (for the mobile users): You can also switch to AOL mobile application if you can’t receive AOL email on the web. If AOL not working on android then you may also switch to a different web browser.
- Disable your firewall temporarily: If the problem continues then you should disable your windows firewall
- Check your Block list: Check the block list of your AOL email account and make sure you haven’t blocked the sender. Apart from the block list, you should also check the filter in case AOL not receiving some emails.
- Check the settings of your Email client: If you can’t receive AOL email on Outlook, Thunderbird etc. then you should ensure that your AOL mail is properly configured using IMAP/ POP.
- Talk to your sender: You should also talk to your senders and ensure they are not sending emails to a wrong email address.
- Contact AOL email: In case all the steps fail to fix the problem then you should report your problem to the AOL.
Fix AOL not sending email 2021 issue
The steps that you should follow if you are unable to send email through your AOL email account are as follows:
- Check your Internet Connectivity: First of all, check the internet connection and ensure that your internet connection is fast enough to upload attachment and send emails.
- Restart your Computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can also fix the problem. So, you should try to resend email after restarting PC
- Clear your browser’s data: In case you are using AOL on the web then you can try to fix the problem by clear the cache, cookies of your browser.
- Switch to a different browser: You may also switch to a different browser if you still can’t send emails.
- Check your AOL Display name: Please note that if you have any combination of “AOL” in your display name then you can’t send email on AOL. So, you should change your Display name if it is problematic.
- Disable antivirus or pop-up blocking software: Temporarily disable the pop-up blocker or antivirus software installed in your device.
- Fix the problem with your email attachment: Remove the attachment if it is too big in size or contain files in an unsupported format.
- Check the email format: If your AOL email not opening at receiver’s end then you should change the email format i.e. Rich text/ HTML etc.
- Contact your recipient: Get in touch with your recipients and request them to check their spam folder. Also, request to check their block list and ensure that you are not blocked by them.
- Check AOL account configuration: If you can’t send or receive AOL email on iPhone/ Android then you should reconfigure your account. You can configure an AOL account on iPhone automatically, so you need not worry about IMAP/POP settings if you are an iPhone user.
- Report the problem to AOL: In case AOL is not receiving and sending emails even after following all the steps then you should contact AOL to report the issues you are facing.
Fix AOL email not sending and receiving email on an iPhone
Nothing beats the ease and comfort that we get while accessing our email accounts on the go using an iPhone. AOL is an email service that is designed in such a way to work flawlessly on iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, etc. Let’s check out the steps that we need to follow in case the AOL email not working on an iPhone 2021.
- Check internet connection – First and foremost, make sure that your iPhone is connected to a wi-fi or mobile data connection. To check the internet connectivity, you may try to run a random website using the Safari browser. Also, make sure that the device is not working in airplane mode.
- Restart the application – If you are using an AOL email app for iPhone then you must close the properly and run it once again.
- Check the app and system updates – It is also important for you to use the updated version of the application and operating system. To check the application updates, you visit the app store. At the same time, to check the system updates, you need to visit the settings menu of your device.
- Clear Cache and Cookies – Another good way to fix the AOL application on an iPhone is clearing cache and data. It is very easy to clear cache along with data through your iPhone’s settings menu. This step is instrumental in freeing up the necessary space required for your phone to run the application smoothly.
- Reinstall the application again – If the problem continues then you may uninstall the application and install it back again through the play store.
- Check IMAP/ POP settings – Those who have configured AOL email on iPhone should ensure that they are using correct IMAP/ POP settings.
- Restart your phone – Sometimes, just a restart is enough to fix your technical issues. So, restart your iPhone and see if this resolves the problem.
Steps to fix AOL email sending/receiving Issues on an Android device
Just like on iPhone, you may easily use AOL email on an Android device as well. In case you run into some problem and can’t send/ receive AOL email on an Android then you may check the following troubleshooting measures.
- Make sure your Android device has proper internet connectivity because it is the most basic requirement to run AOL email.
- Please note that the AOL app works best on the latest version of Android software. So, ensure that you are using the latest version of android.
- If the problem continues then you should force stop and restart the application again. Steps to do the same are as follows.
- First of all, you need to open the “Settings” app.
- Tap “Apps” followed by “AOL”.
- Next, you should tap “Force stop”.
- In the next step, you must tap “Force stop” again in order to confirm.
- Re-launch the application again and see if you can receive/ send the email.
Finally, if nothing works, you may delete the app and install it once again.
- Run the “settings” app on your android.
- Tap “Apps” and then “AOL”.
- After that, you should choose “Uninstall”.
- Tap “Ok” to confirm.
- In the next step, you should download and install the AOL app again from the Google play store.