Launched in the year 2005, AOL is one of the best email services available on the planet. In terms of features and functions, it can make even the best players in the industry (Gmail/ Yahoo/ Outlook) run for their money. Just like any other email service, AOL email has its own drawback. More often than not, we can see users asking on the Internet if there is an AOL email login problem today.
You would be surprised to know that entering the incorrect login credentials is not the only reason why users have to deal with AOL login issues. In fact, there are many more factors that can lead you to such a situation. You need not worry if you are also dealing with AOL email sign-in issues. In today’s post, we are going to provide you with complete details about AOL email login problems along with the steps to fix them.
Causes behind AOL Email Sign-in Issues Yesterday
To fix any problem with AOL or any other email ID, you should understand the cause that is triggering the error. Given below is the list of the most common factor usually responsible for AOL Email Sign in Issues.
- Entering the incorrect password – If you ask a normal what is the most common reason behind an AOL email sign-in then the answer will definitely be entering the incorrect password. So, you must confirm that you are not making any kind of typing mistake while entering the password. If you don’t know the password you can reset the same and create a new one.
- Using an incompatible browser – One of the best things about AOL email is that it works smoothly with most of the web browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc. However, if you are using a browser that is not compatible then you should change the same. It is so because an incompatible browser can be extremely problematic.
- Outdated Browser – You must remember the golden rule i.e “AOL works the best on the latest version of a compatible browser”. Those who are using an outdated browser might have to deal with login problems.
- Add-ons and Plugins – Many users install add-ons and plugins in the web browser to browse the internet smoothly. Sometimes, these plugins can also cause AOL email to cause problems. To fix this issue, you will have to remove these problematic add-ons.
- AOL servers Issues – It is possible that AOL servers in your area might be down due to which you aren’t able to sign in to AOL. However, it is a rare case because AOL servers work well most of the time.
Solutions to Fix AOL email login Problems Yesterday
Now that you know the most possible reasons why users find it difficult to log into their AOL email account, it is the perfect time to check the solutions. Given below is the list of solutions that you can try in order to resolve AOL email issues.
1st Solution – Try to sign in to your AOL email account once again
- First and foremost, you should try the most basic trick to get your AOL email account up and working.
- Sign out of your AOL email account and then sign back in once again.
- Many a time, this is the most basic and helpful trick, especially in cases of bad passwords or some simple browser issues.
2nd Solution – Recover your email password if you don’t remember the same
- You should make sure that you are entering the correct email address and password at the time of signing in.
- If you can’t remember your login credentials then you must reset AOL email password.
- To recover AOL password, you will have to prove that you are the legitimate owner of the email account for which you are looking to retrieve credentials. To do that you will have to enter the temporary code that you will receive either on your recovery phone number or alternate email ID.
- After receiving the temporary code, you need to enter the same in the appropriate field.
- In the next step, you will have to enter the password that you want to keep for your AOL email account.
- Confirm the new password by entering the same one more time.
- Finally, save the changes and check your new login credentials by signing into your AOL email account.
3rd Solution – Reset Web Settings/ Use AOL on a different web browser
- Many a time, installing multiple browsers can lead you to your web settings getting changed. The next troubleshooting measure that you can try is resetting the web settings.
- Open your Google Chrome browser and click on the “More (Three Vertical Dots Icon)” available on the top right corner.
- After that, you should click on the “Settings” button followed by the “Advanced” button.
- In case you are using a Windows computer then you should click on the “Reset and Clean up” button.
- Next, you must choose “Reset settings to their original defaults” and then “Reset Settings”.
- If the problem continues even after resetting the browser’s original settings then you may consider switching to another browser.
4th Solution – Clear caches and cookies of your compatible web browser
- Cache and cookies are stored in your web browser to let you browse the internet smoothly.
- Caches usually makes it faster to access sites, this stored info can cause some sites to have loading errors.
- Clearing your browser’s cache helps you reset the settings of your browser back to its previous state. In this way, you can remove all unwanted bits of info that have been stored in your web browser. So, it can help you fix the AOL email login issues.
5th Solution – Ensure that Java Applet Scripting is enabled on your browser
- Another easy way to resolve such an issue is to enable Java scripting and cookies.
- Remember, when Java Scripting is disabled, many websites, including AOL Mail, won’t work properly.
6th Solution – Disable Firewall or pop-up Settings
- Those users who are getting a blank page when trying to access AOL Mail need to disable your pop-up blocking software. Alternatively, you can add AOL email to your allow list.
- Sometimes, disabling the firewall can also help you fix AOL email login problem.
Additional Tip – In case AOL.com is not working for you then you can also try other friendly URLs like registration.aol.com/ webmail.aol.com.