The feeling of getting a new phone is unmatched. It gives you excitement as well as pleasure. If you have an Xfinity Mobile SIM card then the process of activating your phone can take place entirely online.
To begin the process you must have your phone and SIM card handy. The complete process will take around 20 to 25 minutes. Once the activation process is complete, you’ll be able to make calls, send texts, and enjoy all the features of your Xfinity Mobile service. If you are using an iPhone 13 or newer model then you also activate your device using Xfinity e-sim.
Prerequisites and Things to Understand
Here are a few things that you should note before initiating the activation process.
- Make sure you know your account PIN and have a copy of your bill.
- Those who are not aware of their account PIN or number transfer PIN should contact their carrier for assistance.
- You need to insert the nanoSIM card manually if you are using an iPhone 12 or earlier.
- In case you are activating multiple iPhones then you should be extra careful while inserting the Sim card. This is because each card is linked to a specific phone only.
- The nanoSiM cards are pre-installed on Android Phones.
- For iPhone 13 or later, you have the option to activate your phone through an electronic nanoSIM or eSIM.
- You should take back up your old phone if you are transferring your number from a previous carrier. Also, you should keep both new and old phones handy.
Steps to activate New Phone using your Xfinity Mobile nanoSIM card
It just takes these three steps to activate your new phone using your Xfinity Mobile sim card.
1st Step – Unbox your device and install the SIM card
- To begin the process, you must unbox your device package and take out the phone as well as other accessories like a charger, documents, etc.
- Install the nanoSIM card in your phone carefully. To make it easier for you, Xfinity Mobile labels each new nanoSIM card and its corresponding device.
- You don’t have to install anything if you are an Android user because the nanoSim card comes pre-installed.
- Make sure to keep your phone off while installing the sim.
2nd Step – Activate your phone online
- Use your desktop, laptop, or mobile phone to visit xfinitymobile.com/activate.
- Login to your account or create a new one if you are visiting the website for the first time.
- Choose the model of the phone you are looking to activate.
- The system will ask if you want to “keep your existing number” or “A new number”.
- Those who are transferring their current phone number need to enter a few details like their account number and PIN from their previous carrier.
Note: Account Number and PIN are also available on your previous bills.
- Xfinity Mobile will automatically assign an account number if you choose “I want a new number”.
3rd Step – Activate your Number
- Click on the “Activate” button to begin the number transfer or get a new number.
You will receive a confirmation email message once the device activation process is over.
Download Infinix Mobile e-Sim
If you are using a supported device then you can download the e-sim after the device activation. These are the three ways to download an Infinix Mobile e-Sim.
Using QR Code
- Open the settings app on your phone and choose “Cellular”.
- Tap on the “Add Cellular Plan”.
- After that, you may follow the on-screen prompt by scanning the QR Code below.
- Tap on the e-Sim notification that will display on your iPhone.
- Go to the Settings screen and tap “Xfinity Mobile Cellular Plan Ready to be Installed”.
- Now, the “Activate eSim” screen will appear. Here, you should scroll down and tap “Continue” from the bottom of the page.
- Finally, tap “Done” to wrap up the process.
Get e-Sim using website URL
- Run the settings app on your device and choose “Cellular”.
- From there, tap on “Add Cellular Plan”.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will see the option to tap on “Enter Details Manually”.
- Select the “SM-DP+Address” field and enter https://gsmacct.vzw.otgeuicc.com. Remember, you should leave the Activation Code and Confirmation Code fields blank.
- Finally, tap on the “Next” button located near the upper right corner of the screen and carefully follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Devices Compatible with Xfinity Mobile
Most of the following devices are compatible with Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) to Xfinity Mobile program.
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- Google Pixel Phones
- LG and Motorola Phones
- iPads if they are updated to the latest version of iPad OS
- Smartwatches such as Galaxy Watch5 and Apple Watch Series 8
Solutions to Common Issues with Activating Phones with Xfinity Mobile
|SIM card not recognized||Make sure the sim card is properly inserted and try again|
|SIM card activation delay||Sometimes, it may take around 30 minutes for activation. So, you should wait and then try again.|
|No Service or Signal||Check if the phone is in an area with Xfinity Mobile Coverage|
|Data Connection Issue||Verify that cellular data is enabled in phone settings.|
|The device is not compatible||Make sure your phone is compatible under the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) to Xfinity Mobile program. Also, verify that the phone is not locked to another carrier.|
|Activation process stuck||Restart your phone and begin the activation process again|
Other crucial points to remember
- When activating an iPhone, it is important to choose “Set Up Over WiFi” instead of “Set Up Over Cellular”.
- After activation, the Xfinity Mobile logo should display on the top-left corner of your phone’s home screen.
Contact Xfinity Mobile Support
Frequently Asked Questions
Normally, it takes 20 to 25 minutes. But it may take longer in some cases.
Yes, you can. Just make sure to select the option to transfer your number during the activation process.
Yes, it is mandatory to have your SIM card with you for activation.
No, Xfinity mobile offers e-SIM for iPhone 13 or later models only.
Yes, you can bring your own phone to Xfinity Mobile as long as it is compatible.