- Crunchyroll is one of the best OTT platforms for watching Anime.
- It is readily compatible with most devices including smartphones, Android TV, Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, and more.
- For activation, you need to download the app and find the activation code.
- Then, provide that activation code on the official website.
If you are a fan of anime then you might not need an introduction to Crunchyroll. It is a go-to place to watch your favorite anime, manga, Asian drama, and more. If you are new to Crunchyroll and want to watch it on various smart devices then you need to complete the activation process to get started.
The process of activation varies for different devices like smart TVs, Play Stations, etc. It just takes 5-10 minutes to activate Crunchyroll from start to end. One of the best things about Crunchyroll is that it is compatible with a large number of devices, unlike many other streaming services.
An Introduction to Crunchyroll
In simple language, I can say that Crunchyroll is one of the leading streaming platforms in the World. It has a huge library of more than 1000 anime titles. Plus, it is the home to popular series like “Attack on Titan” and “Naruto”.
No matter if you like action movies or romantic series, Crunchyroll has got you covered. Founded in 2006, this OTT platform now has more than 10 million paid subscribers.
|Name of the service||Crunchyroll|
|Country of origin||The United States of America|
|Owner||Sony Group Corporation|
|Founders||Kun Gao, James Lin, Brandon Ooi, and Vu Nguyen|
|Number of users||120 Million+|
Before moving on to the activation process, you must note that only the following devices are supported by Crunchyroll.
- Mobile Phones – Android and iOS
- Windows Phone
- Game Consoles – Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Series X/S.
- Laptops – Windows and MacOS
- PlayStation – PlayStation 3/4/5 and Vita
- Smart TVs – Samsung, Sony and Android TVs
- Media Players – Apple TV, Roku, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, and Tizen OS.
- External Players – Xiaomi Mi Box S, Nvidia Shield TV, and more
Steps to Activate Crunchyroll on Smart TVs, PlayStation, Xbox and more
You can activate Crunchyroll through the web if you want to enjoy the finest anime on Smart TVs, PlayStation, Xbox, Fire TV, and Android TV.
- To begin with, you must download and open the Crunchyroll app on one of the applicable devices. For example, you are required to download the Crunchyroll app from the Google Play Store if you are using an Android TV.
- Next, you should visit the login page and confirm that “Log in with Activation Code” is selected.
- After that, a 6-character code will display on your device’s screen.
- Now, visit crunchyroll.com using a computer or mobile and log in to your account.
- Then, open crunchyroll.com/activate and enter your 6-character code.
- You may start watching the shows on your TV/ console after entering the code.
How to Activate Crunchyroll on Roku?
Crunchyroll works really well on Roku and you can enjoy your favorite anime whenever you want.
- Turn on your Roku device and navigate to the home screen.
- Choose “Roku Channel Store”.
- After that, you should use the search function to find the Crunchyroll app and select it.
- Choose the “Add Channel” option and wait for the installation process to be completed.
- Launch the Crunchyroll app from the home screen once the installation process is over.
- Now, log in to your account or create a new one.
- The activation code will display on your screen after logging in.
- Visit www.crunchyroll.com/activate using a computer or smartphone.
- Enter the activation code carefully and press activate.
Get Crunchyroll on iPhone/ iPad (iOS devices)
Thankfully, Crunchyroll has a dedicated app for iOS devices including iPhones & iPads.
- To watch the content, you must download and install the app from the app store.
- Launch the app and sign in or create a new account if required.
- Browse and select the video you want to watch.
- Enjoy streaming on your iOS device.
Watch Crunchyroll on a Windows Laptop or macOS
If you are using a laptop no matter if it is Windows or Mac then the steps to watch Crunchyroll will remain the same.
- First thing first, you need to open a web browser and visit www.crunchyroll.com.
- Sign in to your Crunchyroll account. Create a new one if you don’t have one.
- Browse the available anime and select the video you want to watch.
- Now, watch the content and enjoy.
Unable to Activate Crunchyroll on my Smart TVs and other Devices
Not being able to activate Crunchyroll is one of the most common issues faced by a large number of customers. Here are some potential solutions.
|Check Internet Connection||Make sure your Smart TV is connected to a stable internet connection.|
|Update Crunchyroll app||Ensure that you are using the latest version of the Crunchyroll app.|
|Clear app cache||To enhance its performance, you may also clear the cache and cookies of your Crunchyroll app.|
|Restart Smart TV||Restarting your TV can also fix many technical glitches.|
|Disable VPN or Proxy||If you are using a VPN or proxy service, try disabling it as it may interfere with the activation process|
|Reset Smart TV to factory settings||In case the problem continues, you can reset your Smart TV to its factory settings. Note that this will erase all settings and data on the TV.|
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you need to be online to activate Crunchyroll.
Smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, gaming consoles, and streaming devices like Roku and Chromecast.
After entering the code, the process should be completed within a few seconds.
Yes, Crunchyroll offers a free trial to new users.
Crunchyroll is available in most countries around the world except a few Asian countries, Russia, and Belarus.